Thursday, April 8, 2021

Stuff to Share

Good evening from the rancho.  Feeling a little restless, sad and just a bit lonely.  I've had my first dose of Covid vaccine.  If all goes well and after the second dose, I will be able to visit my son in late May.  He will receive his second dose tomorrow, so we will be able to share a hug.  I really need that hug.

The weather here has been beautiful and my garden is gorgeous.  My roses are covered with buds and I  have a tiny harvest on my strawberry plants. 





I've stayed focused on my stitching and have two finishes and two well-started.

Threadwork Primitives mounted on wood.


Spring's Messenger, club kit by Scattered Seeds Sampler.


This was a freebie I found on FB.  Finished as a pillow.


Blackbird Designs.  I'm further along, but didn't take a new picture.  LOL

Here is another table that I finished.  I found this table for free down the road while taking a walk.  I was so worried that someone else would get it, I carried it home.  After the first quarter mile, I realized that it was oak and darn heavy.  LOL  I sanded and waxed the top and refreshed the paint.  


I decided to give one of those "farmhouse" decorations a try.  Cute...but not really sure what to do with it!!  LOL

Made new pillow covers for my patio pillows.  I usually make new cases every few years.  The patio gets the afternoon sun and they always fade after a couple of seasons.   The fabric was $10 a yard, but I can cover four pillows with it.  Cheaper than new pillows.  LOL

I send my boys Easter "boxes" every year.  This year I stuck in some bunny ears and politely requested pictures.  My stepson was all for it...


The 34 year old...not so much.  LOL  But I did get a picture.  

A picture of Jack Jack.  My son says that he looks like an old man.  I suppose he does.


I need to finish a few chores and then off to bed.  It seems that 9 PM comes earlier every night.  Be safe, be kind to one another.


8 comments:

  1. I love the table, and I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've done quite a bit of distressing on boxes and such for my cross stitch, but this is the first time I did an entire table. I love how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. LOVE the bunny ear pictures!!! I could picture either of my sons posing as yours did...lol.
    Great job re-doing the table. I can't imagine carrying it home. Oak is just too darn heavy, but it sure was worth it.
    Beautiful flowers as always...and Jack Jack just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Jack Jack is lucky he's so cute...he sure does get in a lot of trouble. His new habit is to pull paper towels from the recycle bin and chew them into a hundred pieces. I suppose he is recycling on his own but it's a pain to clean up. I wanted a full picture of my baby boy, but so far he is ignoring me. LOL

      Delete
  3. Your garden is gorgeous! Such pretty stitching. What a great find that table was! Hahaha! Love the bunny ears on the boys. ;) Always love Jack Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm spending a few hours a day in the garden. I've eaten my first strawberry. Just one, but it sure was tasty. LOL

      Delete
  4. Such pretty bloom...we are at the starting to bud phase. I just love the way you are finishing little projects. You are so good at that and I am so bad at it. LOL How great to save wooden pieces like you do. Wish we lived close so I could learn from you. Love your cross stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Being retired really has opened up the time for me to craft. LOL I have a dresser that I will be working on next. Very excited!

      Delete