Sunday, March 28, 2021

Catching Up...Just a Bit

Happy Sunday afternoon from the rancho.  I am so far behind that I'm not sure where to start.  

I stayed up north with my friend for almost two weeks.  Her husband passed the second day I was there.  My job was to do whatever needed to be done.  Mostly I listened and made sure that everyone ate vegetables.  Smile.  My friend usually stitches five to six hours a day.  It was difficult to watch her sit and stare.  No stitching.  No talking.  The funeral is in the middle of April, so I'll be taking another trip then.

I came home a bit tired and a lot sad.  My stay brought up a lot of memories of my dad.  I didn't expect that it would be so hard.  

I've done some stitching and finishing for my friend.  


This is the first time that I've used this technique.  You sew on chenille with cotton thread.  I like the way it looks like peppermint.



She loves to stitch Shepard's Bush.


These two are from With Thy Needle and Thread.  I used the ric rac from Lady Dot Creates.  She had the most lovely trim.



I found this box at the Dollar Tree.  The snowman on the box looked a lot like the stitched one!  More ric rac.


While I was up north, my friend gifted me with a vanity table.  It is from the early 1800's.  It didn't come from her family, so she was not sentimental.  Her granddaughter was finished using it and I decided to give it a facelift.  Painted, a bit distressed and waxed.  I am very happy with how it turned out.



This morning was exceptional.  Clear and not freezing.  LOL  We made it up to 81 degrees.  Here are some of my plants getting ready for a fabulous summer.




         



I'll end here with a few pictures of Jack Jack.  These are the two things that he loves to do.  Sleep and play ball.  LOL


I wish for a great week for all of you.  I have met the criteria for the Covid vaccine.  My appointment  for my first shot is Thursday.  I know that everyone has their opinion, but mine is...I want to travel and see my son.

Be safe...be kind to one another.



4 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friend. You are a true friend being there when she needed you the most.
    I can't imagine stitching for that many hours a day. No wonder you have so many fabulous finishes for her.
    I love seeing pictures of Jack Jack!!!
    You did an amazing job on that vanity and you sure didn't waste any time getting it done. I would have put it off for months...maybe even years...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I had a slow day. Most days I've got a list of things that just need to be done. Somehow I overdid on one day and found myself with nothing to do the next. I have several dressers that have set in my garage for YEARS...I'm thinking they should be next. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love your finishing work my friend! And the table is beautiful. Jack Jack is so precious. I am anxiously awaiting my vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You have some great finishes, too! Jack Jack can be a real pain. LOL But then he crawls up on my lap and looks at me with his big brown eyes...and I give in...every time. LOL

      Delete