Thursday, February 18, 2021

Sad News and Some Finishing

Happy Thursday evening from the rancho.  I know today is an odd day for me to post, but tomorrow I am heading up to northern California to help out my stitching buddy.  Her husband was put on Hospice last week and I offered to come up and help with errands and chores.  My heart is breaking for her and her family and this is a gift that I can give during a very difficult time.  

On the finishing front, I was really busy the last two weeks.  All of these belong to my stitching buddy.

Needle case.


Another needle case.  Outside and inside.



Made this into a pillow.  It definitely needs something...ribbon, button...just something.  I will work with my friend on this.


A sewing box.  This was my favorite!


Two tiny stockings.


This was a little odd to finish.  There were no instructions, not even a picture of what it was supposed to be!  So...I made up the two strawberries, finished the other into a pillow and connected them with some gorgeous dyed ribbon and pins.  I think it is okay.  LOL


Sweet little drum.  The top and bottom are wool.  A bit tricky to stitch, but managed to get it done without shredding.  LOL  I made the pins as a surprise for her.


This is a wool-thread stitched stitching roll.  I need to put in some thread rings but don't have any at my house.  She has some and I will put them in when I deliver this group.




I will leave you with a picture of Jack Jack. He is now up to thirteen pounds.  My husband asked how I knew that.  I explained that I weighed myself and then added the dog.  He asked if I was sure.  Well...okay...I know that I'm a bit slow with math...but I got this.  LOL  Jack Jack is spending more time with DH and is so very sweet.  I reminded DH that he is on his own the next week or so...he will want to continue working with the dog on potty training.  Wish I was a fly on the wall to watch that!


For those of you that are fighting the winter weather, stay safe, stay warm.  I cannot imagine being in a home with no heat, no water, no lights.  It must be terrifying for people trying to care for their families.  Be kind to one another.


3 comments:

  1. AMAZING finishes as always.
    Hugs to your friend. Just you being there will help ease her burden. Safe travels.
    Jack Jack is just too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angela you are a real blessing to your friend. Please be careful. You do not need to contract COVID during all this. What gorgeous finishes my friend!!! Your talents are increasing! Jack Jack is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous finishes, Angela. I love them all.
    Jack Jack is just precious too. Meanwhile, you are so kind yourself to be heading off to help out your friend. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete