Friday, December 13, 2013

What Is Your Reason For The Season?

I have faith. I pray for comfort, for peace, for others. Do I think that God gives us extra points for Christmas? No. I believe that our relationship with God should be every day, not just one day that is really based on paganism. Do I begrudge them this holiday? Of course not. I enjoy Christmas gifts just like everyone else. But my true reason for this season? Family, friends, loved ones. And to be honest, your relationships with them should be the same as with God. Do you tell them you love them at the end of each phone call? Do you give them a hug as you leave for the day? When was the last time you sent a text that simply said "love you". Nothing is guaranteed. I lost a friend that slipped in the bathroom and died. Why? I do not see the point of that at all. All that leads to a discussion about Christmas gifts that I had with my son. I realized that I am the type of person that sends little gifts all year long. Nothing special...a bar of soap, some fruits and nuts. Not for any particular reason, just to let him know that I am thinking of him. He sends postcards. Never for any particular reason, just to let me know that he is thinking of me. That is love. That is the reason for the season. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment