Saturday, September 27, 2014

Happiness Past

My cousin stopped by a few days ago and gave me another family picture.


Based on the number and age of the children, I would guess that this picture was taken in the summer or fall of 1932. It looks like my grandmother "might" be pregnant with my dad. My aunt and uncle are the kids at the top of the picture and I have to say, they didn't change much! I would have recognized both of them in a line-up. LOL My cousin laughed when she handed me the picture. If you look closely, there is a man sitting in the car. She said that she has had that picture for many years and never noticed the man until she made me a copy. We don't know who he is, but look at that nose! At the very least he is Italian. At the most, he is a Carminati! I cannot say how grateful I am to my cousin for sending pictures my way. Because my parents divorced very early in my life, I only have a handful of pictures and anything I can get is very appreciated.

So, this sends me on a hunt. I can only find one of me when I was really little. This would be from my first birthday. My dad looks so young!
I was cute kid! LOL

Then I found this one. It makes me sad. I think of all the things that disease has stolen from my dad, his smile is the most missed.

I try to stay upbeat, but as the days pass, it starts to wear on my soul. I know there is an end, and I will be sad when that comes, but I am so tired. I try to remember the happy times, but it is getting harder and harder.

Hug your loved ones and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment