Sunday, September 14, 2014

When You Know Better...But You Do It Anyway

So, you know when you know that you need to fix something, before you get it finished, but you keep thinking it's not that bad, and maybe it will lay straight? But then it doesn't...and you are very annoyed at yourself because now you need to redo what you just spent three hours doing. Case in point. Been working on a baby quilt. Took me a while to pick the colors. The couple does NOT want to know the sex of the baby, so had to stick to neutrals. Finished the piecing, started putting on the border. Hmmmm, seemed a little wavy. Oh well, it will sit flat when I put in on the batting. No, no it won't.

So now, I will need to rip out all the sides of the border and restitch. I know better, really I do, but I did it anyway. Ever the optimist, I suppose. Doesn't change the fact that I wasted about three hours, including laying on the floor, in 100 degree heat, sewing the border and making the quilt sandwich. Damn.

Speaking of heat. 102? Really? In September? What is the point of that? When I get hot, I get grumpy. When I get grumpy, I get more grumpy. When I get more grumpy, I get the most grumpy. See a pattern? It was a tough weekend with my dad, and the heat does not help. Once again, I made all these plans in my head. Go for a walk, clean up some in the house, finish laundry, and then head to town. Fit in lunch for Dad, and it was 11:30 am. Didn't seem worth the trip to town. Same program today, except I had to go to town for "Dad stuff" and groceries. There's nothing like pulling groceries out of the car in 102 degree heat to really just piss you off.

I can tell that my three-month grumpy period is in full swing. This would be the time that I would head up to the Bay area for a weekend. Not going to happen since my baby boy now lives in Iowa. And I really don't want a weekend trip to Iowa. Talk about no point.

Okay, no more whining and crying. Need to put my big-girl panties on and just deal with it. I did work on some cross stitching last night, may I'll put in an another hour or so. Or, start ripping out that quilt border...Damn...

Be good to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment