Monday, November 17, 2014

A Little of This, A Little of That...

Here are pictures as promised. I started doing a little punchneedle. Not because I have that kinda time, but I got that kinda time. LOL First up, my little pumpkin.

My own design, didn't want to embarrass any designers. LOL

Here is my poinsetta. Again, my own design. I mounted it on a paper box. I did the paint job several times. Didn't like ANY of the results until my son said that I should go with dry brush and add some black. Exactly the effect I was looking for! This was the first time that I made a twisted cord. Not as hard as I thought it would be.

Last punchneedle is of an oak leaf and acorn.

I used a combination of DMC threads and Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe overdyeds on all the projects. I don't care for the blob of green on one of the oak leaf edges, so I think I will rip it out and have a "do over". Just because I thought I should, I ordered some Valdani 3 ply threads from Anita's Little Stitches (It's a small ONS that I like to use that does discounts on thread), but haven't had a chance to use them. THEN, I found a book on Amazon that has primitive designs. It is on it's way as we speak. LOL

And as if I needed to do more, my newest project is an ornament from Little House Needleworks. All I have done is half of a tree trunk. I'll skip the picture, use your imagination. LOL

So that was a little of this, a little of that. I am still working on my pink quilt. It was really hot here a few days in October and since I hate working on quilts when it is hot, I just seemed to lose my quilting mojo. Hoping with the cold weather I will pick it back up and get on track.

Back to your regular programming. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment