Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Teeny, Tiny Update...Flowers and Stitching

Howdy, peeps.  I have one batch of irises that always bloom first and they are the perfect color for Easter.


I have no idea what they are called.  My neighbor was culling her beds and told me to stop by and pick up some rootstock...two large bags later! LOL  I love this color....I have some that are lavender, some peachy, but nothing like this icy purple.

On the stitching front, I took a few hours this past weekend to work on my punch needle.  Here is my chick:


I finished the clouds and grass in Victorian Motto Shop threads, but am using a pearl DMC for the background at a lower pile.  The project seems too bright, so I think I'll be toning it down a bit with a walnut stain.  I started a plain background (ecru) but it is so blah...that's where the blue swirls come in.  I originally planned on a pillow, but now may just mount it on wool and do a mat.  My son has a very large coffee table.  This would be perfect for a center piece.  He has very eclectic taste and enjoys folk art.  It will find a home with him...whether he likes it or not!  He never says no to me.  He's a good son.  LOL

Let's see what else I can over-share.  LOL

Managed to walk every day this week.  Feeling better, less stressed.  I have a stitching/finishing retreat planned in a couple of weeks.  I'm a bit worried that DH will be ready to take care of Dad on his own, but he keeps telling me that he will be fine and it is more important that I get some time away.  My last overnight trip was December.  He's right.  I need some "me" time.  Sigh....I still feel guilty.  I need to get over it.  If I don't take care of myself, I'm no good to everyone else.

Well, time to get my stuff ready for tomorrow.  Thank goodness it's Wednesday.  I can make it two more work days!  I am woman, hear me roar.  Well, not roar, but at least I'm not whimpering.  LOL

Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment