Saturday, February 11, 2017

One Inch, Two Inch, Three Inch, MORE!!

Happy Saturday from the soggy rancho.

Our days here are like some crazy Dr. Seuss poem...one inch, two inch, three inch, four, five inch, six inch, and here's some MORE!  Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for the rain.  My trees are happy, the birds are happy, and the weeds are really, really happy.  LOL  I'm afraid to weed.  Every time I pull up a big weed, I get a big lump of soil.  At this rate, I will have to bring in dirt and backfill the entire acre.  LOL We are over 17 inches of rain for this season.  Considering that we have only been getting 6-10 inches for the last 5 years, we are doing well.

There are some areas of California that are over-watered, to the point that their reservoirs are starting to break down.  Here, we are still only between 40-85% full for the two large lakes close to my town. That really shows how bad the drought has been.  Considering that most of that water is drinking water for our county, no complaining.

I finished my baby quilt...before the baby got here!  Yay!!


I ended up using both skeins of my contrast yarns, but it really added to the look.  I got a big thank you from Mom and Dad.  SMILE.

Soooo....drum roll, please...I am now a Food Manager II...and scared.  LOL  I have basically done the job for the past several years as my boss was dealing with his wife's passing and his own medical issues. BUT, there is a big difference in "doing" the job and being "responsible" for the job.  LOL  I am still working out of my old office.  Too much work to finish and my staff want to have my office painted.   Personally, I don't care what color it is, but they want me to have a brand new office to celebrate my new job.  Very sweet...I am so fortunate to work with this group of people in my department.

Dad is still hanging in there.  I was a little concerned this past week.  Seemed to be coughing and groaning a bit more than usual, but last night and this morning has not been too bad.  Is it the weather?  I just don't know.  Sigh.

My coffee cup is empty and I am off to start my morning.  I can hear the laundry baskets calling my name...LOL

Have a wonderful weekend, be kind to one another.


16 comments:

  1. Ta da! Great blanket! Great job!
    Good for you!! CONGRATULATIONS ANGELA! YOU DESERVE THE PROMOTION!
    Let us know what color your office will be. Do NOT pick white! Pink? 🐩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The paint crew came by last week to offer to paint it...options? Light beige, medium beige, dark beige. LOL Uh...maybe white will be a better option. I've already put my inspirational quotes up on the board from my office. I've had two complaints that they are missed. LOL Guess I'll be adding new ones in the old office, too. LOL

      Delete
  2. Congrats! They wouldn't promote you if you didn't deserve it. You count rain inches, we count snow. Hopefully we still count inches and not in feet like 2 years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess I could say that we have received one foot and five inches of rain. LOL It was beautiful and clear today, but a new storm is on it's way.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! It looks so cozy and warm. You did a really great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wool blend. I always add the yarn label when I give a gift. I hate having to guess how to wash something. LOL

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the promotion. I'm sure you will WOW them!
    So happy that California is coming out of the drought. Hopefully there will be fewer wildfires though I know there is now the threat of mudslides.
    Hey, I hear California wants to secede from the United States. What a hoot.
    Happy Valentine's Day :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for California, we have just as many crazies as the rest of the US. Political discussions get so heated at work, the warden had to send out a memo telling staff to be professional. I try to just smile and walk away. LOL

      I'm not sure if we will ever get the "right" amount of rain. Sigh. It's bad now for some areas, but some are still in drought. And as soon as the snow melt starts...bad. For our area, it will be the fire season that will be the worst. Lots of grass and with all the dead trees from the the drought, not a good combination.


      Delete
  5. Big congrats on your new position...hope it also moved you up the pay scale
    (lol). It is always a little intimidating starting a new job, but have faith in yourself. We all do!
    I've been reading about the movement to have California separate as well. Interesting times.
    Isn't that blanket a pretty and warm welcome; nothing like something homemade for a little one.
    I take it rain is still good in your neck of the woods. Drought is such an ugly word.
    Hope your Sunday is wonderful and good luck this week.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, I've moved up. It won't be the extra money I make now that is so important, but the bump to my retirement...I will be able to buy more stash! LOL It is really less work than I do now, just a lot more political stuff and organization. Thank goodness for post-it-notes and the calendar on my computer. LOL

      Delete
    2. I can tell you Angela from someone on the retirement end and with my pension; I didn't realize how important it is for a woman to have her own pension. I'm still a little in awe that this money comes every month without me working for it...now. My reward though for 32 years in the classroom. So yes thinking of your future is a very good thing.

      Delete
    3. My father was always very insistent that I learn (and plan) to take care of myself. It sounds harsh, but there are no guarantees in life...I have to be able to survive on my own.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blanket!!!!

    Wow! That's a lot of rain. I'm glad it's helping out your drought. Hopefully it keeps up all year with no flooding.

    Congrats on your promotion!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Rachel. Thank you, I love to do these granny square blankets, no thought necessary. LOL

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Angela. I'm so happy for you that you got the job. And quite obviously the people you are working with are also happy.
    Good for the region and the whole area that there is rain after those many years of drought. But I hope that the dams of the water reservoirs will hold. I heard about this danger on our TV news and the pictures they showed are really intimidating.
    So very lovely, your baby blanket. Great to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning for another storm this weekend. The rumor is another 4-6 inches starting Friday. It is so incredible that part of the state is in emergency mode, but we just keep asking for a little bit more. Sigh.

      Delete