Friday, June 12, 2020

Beautiful Flowers and The Crazy World

Happy Friday from the rancho.  It is a beautiful day in California.  The first of the week was hot but today was clear with a light breeze.  Only 80 degrees!  My roses are loving it.


My geraniums are in full bloom.  This sherbet color is one of my favorites.


I got a little carried away and planted another five tubs of veggies.  More lettuce, spinach, winter squash, cucumbers and some type of French cantaloupe.  Not sure where DH picked up the cantaloupe seeds, but the picture is real fancy.  Organic and all that.  I just hope they grow. 

Early in the week, the temperatures were in the low 100s.  The perfect time to get some stitching in.


The world is a crazy place.  Last Wednesday, our town had an active shooter.  Several officers were injured and two people are dead.  It is said that the shooter had been diagnosed with mental illness many years ago.  So sad.  Now an innocent man and the shooter are dead.  Officers are still in the hospital.  Nothing was gained.  All that is left is sadness.  Please keep all involved in your hearts.

I leave each of you with thoughts of hope.  Hug your loved ones, smile at strangers.  Be kind to one another.





4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so beautiful Angela. So is your sampler.
    How very, very sad the shooting is. I have prayed. I do smile at strangers all the time. I talk to them too. I am that kind of person! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people think I'm too friendly, but if I can help just one person have a better day it is well worth it.

      Delete
  2. I do love that sherbert geranium, too. So pretty.
    Your cross stitch is fabulous. Happy you are making time to stitch. Retirement is wonderful, isn't it?
    So sad about what happened in your town. I swear the world is going mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would enjoy retirement...but I absolutely love it! Yes, the world seems to be a little worse every day.

      Delete