Friday, June 5, 2020

It's Friday...I Think...

Okay.  I think it's Friday.  Pretty sure it's Friday.  Yes... It's Friday.  My days and weeks just seem to flow on and on.

This has been the week of temperatures over 100 degrees at the rancho.  Most of my roses went from beautiful to dehydrated in about an hour.  I have great hope for my tomatoes.  Lots of fruit, but nothing is red.  I'm picking one or two zucchini a day as well as harvesting lettuce.  My grapes are loaded.  I've had them for about ten years.  Last year was the first year that I beat the birds to the fruit.  LOL

A few pictures of my garden.

     

Teeny, tiny spaghetti squash.

 
Lovely cactus flower and one of the few roses I have that it was still vibrant. 

          

I've stitched a bit.  The SAL has a huge motif for March.  I'm hoping to finish it by March of next year.  I'm still following the 8 PM curfew on my phone so I am getting more sleep.  If I could just get my dogs to sleep.  I don't think that they know how to tell time, but they are really good about waking me up at exactly 4:30 am each morning.  Since I don't need to be up until 6 am, I do get an attitude.

A friend found several lots of quilt-shop-quality fabric on our local Marketplace.  I went all in and picked up a couple hundred yards.  Fat quarters, half yards and full yards.  I know, I know, out of control, but the woman had the fabric priced at $2.50 a yard so I just couldn't say no.  And...my friend will buy all the full yards of the fabric that I won't use for quilting or finishing.  She's teaching her grandchildren to sew.  I have a machine that someone had given me a year ago.  I didn't need it, but didn't want it to go to a landfill.  I offered it to my friend for the kids.  It's an all metal Morse from the 1950's.  It has an awesome stitch.  She was excited...it is same type of machine that she learned on!  Win-Win!! 

I wish each of you a weekend filled with peace and love.  Take time to sit quietly and appreciate the gifts of others.  The world is a scary place right now.  I refuse to be filled with hate.  Be kind to one another.



4 comments:

  1. Your garden is doing great despite the heat! You got a great deal on the fabric. Does this mean you are going to make a quilt?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. That is a LOT of fabric, but how could you have resisted for that price?
    Being retired it was hard enough knowing what day of the week it was, but with this COVID crap, it's impossible!!!
    Happy to hear you are getting some stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I will never need to buy fabric again. LOL

      Delete