Saturday, August 15, 2020

Showing Off for the Crowd

Happy Saturday from the rancho.  For all of you that love hot weather...I am living in your paradise.  It was 106 degrees today.  Rain in the morning, misery this afternoon.  I am too old for this kind of heat.  Dinner was mixed green salad with turkey, homegrown watermelon and cantaloupe.  Didn't have quite enough lettuce in my garden but with the heat expected to last for at least a week...I am hopeful.  LOL

I try to do all my outside chores before 10 am.  Then I can spend the afternoon stitching.  Or napping.  Or snacking.  My Covid 15 may be going up to Covid 20.  LOL

Caught up on my SAL from Linens and Things 2020.  Loving the way the pattern and colors flow.

I promised to show some of my finishes.  This sewing purse was one of the most difficult items I have completed.  It took me two days to understand the directions.  LOL  My biggest fear was to slip and ruin the silk.




My friend loves Halloween stitching.  This is one of my favorites.  It was a simple face.  I made it into a mask and put it on a Dollar Tree burlap pumpkin.  I think it is so cute!!


These were mounted on comic board with fabric on the back.  She put them on a Halloween garland and hung on the stairs.



I love to stain, paint, distress, oil any and all types of wood.  I was practicing aging paint on this paddle several months ago and found it perfect for this project.


A little hanger for a door or cabinet knob.


Thank you for letting me share.  I have stitched for over twenty years but really got into finishing about five years ago.  I've went to a few retreats for finishing and spent hours on YouTube.  I am definitely not perfect but getting better with every project!!  And I have found that I am willing to try new things and have a blast stretching my talents.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.  Stay safe.  Be kind to one another.


4 comments:

  1. The colors in your sampler are gorgeous Angela. The sewing purse is so gorgeous!! And that pumpkin is so adorable! I am very impressed with all of your finishing! You are doing great my friend! Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love using fall colors. I added a couple of new colors this month, so I'll need to use them for some of the smaller motifs. All is good! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm lovin' your cross stitch and your finishes are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm lucky that my friend is such a fast stitcher. She keeps me busy. LOL

      Delete