Sunday, August 23, 2020

If It's Sunday...It's Not Friday...

 Howdy from the rancho.  I would say happy Friday, but I missed Friday and it's Sunday.  Sigh.  

California is hot, smokey and miserable.  As of this morning, at least five people have lost their lives in wild fires and one MILLION acres have burned.  Most of these fires were started by lightening.  This makes my heart so sad.  Our town is 100 miles from the closest fire but we did not see blue skies from last Tuesday until yesterday.  I cannot image how people are doing that are so much closer.  The weather forecast is for more thunderstorms through Wednesday.  Scary.

As the smoke was horrible, I spent most of last week in the house with all the windows closed or in the car with the recirculating air on.  At one time, our town had the third worst air in the United States.  I finally had to mow the lawn.  I wore an N95 mask that my husband uses to paint cars.   

While watering, I found a little friend hiding in my plants.  

On some days, the temperature was over 100 degrees.  I decided that it was time to make some raisins.  It's been more than three days but they're coming along.

I worked on my son's washcloths.  I want to make at least three to send in a few weeks.  Since I'm caught up on my SAL, I worked on some more finishing.  These are my friend's stitching.


This was a kit using wool.  I really like how it turned out and am thinking of making one for myself out of my wool stash.  The Jingle pin came with the kit but I made the other two pins.

These are a few of my stitches/finishes.




My garden is still hanging in there but production has slowed down.  I had enough zucchini and carrots for a BBQ.  This was the day that was 102 degrees.  Hot outside but would have been much worse if I'd cooked chicken in the house.

Have a good week.  Stay safe.  Be kind to one another.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear of all the devastation out by you. :(
    You are a finishing machine Angela! I love that ruched ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishing is perfection.
    The fires are so very scary...and sad.

    ReplyDelete