Sunday, December 6, 2020

Finishes, Christmas Season and Feeling Blessed

Happy Sunday morning from the rancho!!  Quiet and cold in my little corner of the world.  I've kept up with my walking program.  The morning temperature is still around 25 to 30 degrees.  Brrrr!  But I throw on my mittens and hat and I'm out the door.  Not the most glamorous look, but not a lot of people are up at 7 am on my street.  LOL

I finished-finished my La-D-Da bird into a drum.  Super sweet.  


Kept focused on my crow project from Rovaris.  I've had it for over a year.  Definitely time to get it stitched.  I followed the instructions and made it into a long pillow.  The charms came with the project.  There was supposed to be a spider stitched in the middle of the "O".  I thought that the key was a better choice.  Not too fond of spiders.  LOL


A few months ago, I moved this plant to the patio. After ten years of attitude, I'd had enough. No real growth, flowers maybe every two or three years. Told it that it was survival of the fittest. Of course...it lived. Doubled in size and has a bunch of blooms. Its attitude is even worse now. LOL It is under a covered patio...with temperatures falling into the high 20's. Go figure.


I'm not feeling very Christmasy yet...but I'm working on it.  I put out my Christmas signs this morning by the front door and DH is going to work on putting up some lights on our fence today.  He is still fighting a bad cold so I'm not asking for much participation on his end this year.  I ordered most of DH's gifts on line.  All clothing items that he needs.  The last sewing project I did for him was to mend a shirt that should have been thrown away.  I had to completely rebuild the cuffs.  LOL  As for me, I am incredibly blessed.  There is nothing that I truly need or want.  I have a warm house, food for the winter and plenty of craft supplies (LOL).  All is good.

Off to start laundry.  Hope all have a good week.  Stay safe.  Be kind to one another.




4 comments:

  1. I love both of your bird finishes. Well done. I have yet to attempt a drum.
    I am not even close to "done" with Christmas stuff. Trying not to stress over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I'm a firm believer on gifts all year. LOL I'm at home for a bit now and never finished Christmas stuff. I guess it will be New Year's stuff. LOL Drums can be fussy, but well worth the finish. I made several circle templates in different sizes. That way I can fit in the closest size and then trim as needed. You have beautiful finishes...you can do it!!

      Delete
  2. You are a better woman than I am. I stopped walking outside when it hit the mid 30's. Now it's the dreadmill each morning as I like to call it.
    Great finishes.
    I've heard the cactus thrive on neglect, but the cold???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I almost spit out my coffee. Dreadmill? Absolutely! LOL It's still cold at night and that darn plant is still planning on blooming. Silly plant.

      Delete