Saturday, December 19, 2020

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

So...it is Saturday on the rancho.  Sigh.  Trying to be upbeat , but Covid has moved into our home.  Our houseguest tested positive last Thursday morning.  DH and I went in that day and both had a Covid test.  It is anticipated that it will be four to six days before the results come in.  So far, neither of us have any symptoms and she is asymptomatic.  My friend is staying in her room and wearing a mask anytime she goes into her bathroom.  We knew that it was a possibility...so not really surprised.  Well, since she works at the same prison that I worked at...I'm surprised it took this long.  DH had a horrible cold a few weeks ago but he did the Covid antibody test.  Nope, just a cold.  Please keep my family on your hearts that if we get it, we have an easy recovery.  

Since I am quarantined at home, been working on crafts.   It's a little hard to concentrate so I'm just doing one stitch at a time.

This week's finish was a small kit that I was gifted by a friend.  I decided to go a little different with the finish.  It originally had the word "friend" at the top and was made into a large 10 inch heart.  Not quite what I was looking for.  So....made into a pillow, changed the word to kindness and added a bit of wool with a sweet button.  Love it!!

I am one of thousands that is working on the Merry and Minty from WTNT.  I don't have a lot done and am waiting for the red thread to be delivered from Stitch and Frog.  I found some boxes at the Dollar Tree that I will use to mount the finished stitching on.  I think that it will be great to use for Christmas candy or a floral arrangement.  I will cover a piece of comic board with a Christmas themed fabric, then mount the stitching on another piece of comic board.  I have ideas!!  These boxes are 5" X 6", so the perfect size.


As I am stuck on our little one acre rancho, I will be using the "dreadmill".  (As designated by Lauren over at Rugs and Pugs. LOL Almost spit my coffee out when I read that.)  I did get a beautiful sunrise earlier this week.


I am off like a herd of turtles this morning.  I know I have chores to do...not really feeling it.  Maybe, maybe not.  LOL  Be safe out there.  Be kind to one another.

6 comments:

  1. Angela...I am sorry to hear about your friend and I will keep her in my prayers. You and hubby, too!!!
    I saw those boxes at Dollar Tree. Now I will have to go back and see if they still have any. Thanks for being an enabler ;-)
    Enjoy the dreadmill...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love when others follow me down the dark path to the Dollar Tree craft area. LOL So far, so good. Still waiting for results.

      Delete
  2. I've already been to DT and after searching, found them!!! Now you must share a wonderful finish for me to copy. No hurry...lol! Not something I will rush to do ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are almost as fast as I am. LOL I watch a lot of DT crafting on YouTube. I'm all about using the most cost effective parts for finishing. That way I can spend more on the fancy stuff like poms and ribbon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is DT crafting on You Tube? I hadn't a clue!!!

      Delete
    2. There are quite a few DIY crafters that use DT or similar items to create decorative items. I may not use the entire idea, but some can fit into my stitching items. Here's a couple: Heidi Sonboul DIY, Kelly Barlow Creations, KraftsbyKatelyn. Don't worry, once you check out any of these on YouTube...YouTube will find more for you. LOL

      Delete