Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wet and Windy California

Good morning from wet and windy California.  We desperately need rain but the forecast is five to six inches.  Hmmmm...a bit much, a bit fast.  Wind gusts up to 50 mph.  My outside decorations are flopping around as we speak.  I think I'll just leave them in the flowerbed for the day.  LOL

With a new puppy, I just don't seem to get as much stitching done as usual.  Okay.  Truth?  I'm getting NO stitching done.  My usual stitching spot is a very comfy couch with the perfect light in the family room.  Which is carpeted.  And not a good place to spend time while attempting to potty train a puppy.  LOL  

Here are a few pictures of the famous Jack Jack.  I call this "Little Dog on Big Dog Bed".  


Moses is very patient...as long as Jack Jack does not bite him.  I keep an eye on them and they are learning to share the same bed.  Not that Moses is much interested but Jack Jack really loves him.  Poor Moses looks so disgusted.  LOL


Here is an picture of the moon peeking out from the clouds.  Taken from my back patio at 3:30 am.  Because everyone knows that when it's time for puppies to go, it is time to go.  Sometimes you just need to look for the positive...I got a great picture.  LOL

While I did not get any stitching done, I did get a few crafty things finished.  I realized that the pictures in my bathroom are about twenty years old.  They were starting to fade and just not that attractive.  Spent some time on Youtube and found some crafty ways to use Dollar Tree stuff.  I painted, added scrapbook paper and made myself some new pretties.


I think this is my favorite.  I was going to just hang the tag but then realized that it was a bit small.  Looks perfect on this revamped frame.  I had the button in my stash and it fit perfectly.


Meanwhile in the Garden de Rancho...my irises are confused.  The temperature has been down to 25 degrees, but I still found this beauty hiding behind my gas meter.


As for my succulents, lots of growth going on out on the patio.  Not sure why!!  It's just as cold on the patio as everywhere else.


One of my hanging plants.  I love spider plants .  A few years ago I threw in a couple of succulent starts.  Took off and makes a beautiful statement.


I put in two blackberry vines.  I love blackberries but it may be a couple of years before my first harvest.  I am ever hopeful.  And strawberry blooms?  Yep, got one.  LOL  Check out those tomato plants!!  While cleaning up last year's garden, I threw some old, rotten tomatoes into the planter.  It is really early, but at least I know that the seeds will germinate.




Okay.  Off to start my day.  First...breakfast.  My neighbor brought over a loaf of fresh sourdough bread.  Super tasty and excellent as toast. Maybe I'll do some baking.  Not like I'm heading outside today.  LOL   

Wishing each of you a safe and happy week.  Be kind to one another.


5 comments:

  1. HA! I just emailed you that you should post a picture of Jack! What do you know. I love the picture of the two of them together. So cute! ;)
    Wow. Your plants!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got lots of pictures of Jack Jack. He is just too darn cute. LOL I have admit that I love my garden all year long. There is usually something new to find. I try not to dig stuff up to check out the new growth. That doesn't always end well for the plant. LOL

      Delete
  2. I hope you got some much needed rain but not the flooding kind of rain.
    Jack Jack is too flippin' cute. Great pic of him with Moses.
    You have the greenest thumb around. What a day brightener to find the iris in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is cute...but he still is a handful for poor Moses. LOL I've got some new growth on my roses and another bloom on my iris. The total for the storm at our house was 4.75 inches. A lot but the rain didn't back up my septic system. That tells you how dry it is here. LOL Some of the coastal areas got up to 15 inches. Wow!!

      Delete
  3. Jack Jack is just so adorable! I love him. What a treat to see things growing. It will be a while before I get to enjoy an outdoor garden, though I'm pleased with how things are doing overwintering inside the house, so far. Great projects there. I wish I could finish things as nicely.

    ReplyDelete