Friday, May 21, 2021

So...How Was Your Morning?

Good morning from the rancho to all my peeps.  It's Friday!!  

Let's make it clear, I've got my grumpy pants on this morning.  Fill up that coffee cup and get comfy.  You're gonna hear some whining.  LOL  

I am an eight-hours-of-sleep every night kind of girl.  I haven't reached my goal in several weeks.  Between DH and dogs and cat, I'm getting about six and a half.  Last night is a perfect example.  I went to bed at 9 PM.  DH tells me no worries, he will deal with the animals.  He just wanted to finish a TV program.  I know better...I'm sure that as soon as I left the room, he fell asleep.  Fast forward to 11 PM.  The bedroom door slams open.  I hear LOUD whispering...Jack Jack, come here, stop that...over and over again.  DH has a flashlight in his hand that he is wielding like some like of light saber.  After the third or fourth full-face illumination, I was done.  Meanwhile, he gave up on Jack Jack and left the room.  I get up (pee since I'm awake and have a vintage bladder)and throw Jack Jack on the bed.  Back in bed.  Not quite asleep, but the door again opens and I got another light show.  I'm telling you...grumpy pants.

Up again at 4:30 AM as DH left the cat out in the living room and the cat wants in.  Jack Jack goes out to pee...now inside and we're back to bed.  But do we sleep?  Nope.  Awake for the day.  Thank goodness my alarm went off at 6 AM.  Gave me an excuse to get out of bed.  

Do things get better?  Nope. Dog eats cat food.  Dog throws up.  I get to clean that up.  At least it was on the tile floor and not the rug.  I blow my nose.  Bloody nose.  I think this is going to be a three cup of coffee day, with a chaser of Diet Mt. Dew.  Sigh.

I've taken my walk, eaten breakfast and am ready for a better day.  I've got lots of pictures this week.

No stitching on Cherry Hill.  Decided to start a Christmas piece.  This is Threadwork Primitives "Christmastide".  I love Nan's patterns.

Part of the reason I haven't been stitching...project bags.  My friend and I both purchased the Winter Rose project bag pieces designed by Brenda Gervais.  I had never made a bag using her particular instructions.  Decided to do a prototype before I committed and messed up the fabric.  Her instructions were clear and a bit easier than the usual I follow.  I am very happy with the final results.

Prototypes...I made two of these.  Canvas front and back, cotton fabric inside, fully lined.



One of these.  I stitched the center years ago and just found the perfect fabric.  All cotton.


And the final product.  The canvas was provided but the inside fabric was from my stash.  The original was done in pick, but I really like the green with small pink flowers.  Finished one each for me and my friend.


I
I finished one piece for my friend.  This tray is much bigger than I thought it would be, about seven by nine inches.  The different fabric on the side is a pocket for scissors.


My garden is happy this week.  I've picked a few blueberries.  Much better than store bought.  My cucumber plants are finally starting to grow!





I know everyone loves the roses!





Here is Jack Jack.  He's doing what he does best.  Ignore me.  LOL


If you'd made it this far...thank you.  LOL  Now, for a question.  I found this stitching on Pinterest.  It was being used as a click-bait picture for Microsoft Outlook.  No information and it led to nowhere.  A few others has pinned it, but only said it was "Stitching Inspiration".  Has anyone ever seen this pattern?  I've looked everywhere...checked all the designers that it "looks" like.  It may be that someone pieced together several different patterns. But if you recognize this, please let me know in the comments.  I know that I could hand copy it on graph paper, but I would much rather give the designer the credit.  


I am off like a herd of turtles.  Yesterday was housework and laundry.  I think today will be a rest and stitch day.  Smile.  Wishing you each a good weekend. Be safe.  Be kind to one another.
  


UPDATE!!  My friend spent another day looking for this pattern.  She found it on the Prim Stitchers' Society private group on FB.  It was a free pattern from Notforgotten Farms, 2015.   I belong to that group...LOL...but didn't sign up until a few years ago.  I am very excited!! 






5 comments:

  1. I do hope your day has gotten better!!!
    Those project bags...be still my heart. They are absolutely wonderful. And that tray. WOW! Your finishing is always exquisite. I want to be your BFF.
    I can almost smell the roses...aaahhhhhh ;-)
    Pug hugs to Jack Jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made quite a few bags, usually based on the stitching that was going to be mounted on the bag. I am very happy with this particular pattern. And if using cotton canvas from Walmart...only about $6 per bag! Win-Win!

      Delete
  2. I have had those kind of days. Hate them! Hope your day has improved my friend. Your finishing is always so wonderful. As are your roses. Jack Jack is so precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Things got better. I know that I do not do well when my sleep has been disrupted. I have no idea how I survived working and getting up at 4 AM for eight years. LOL

      Delete
  3. Yikes...your house sounds like mine, but we are four dogs, no cats. Glad you found your cute pattern. It does, indeed, look like one of Lori’s. That was a good friend to do all of that looking. Your project bags are great. I have everything I need to make one, just haven’t taken the plunge yet. Enjoyed visiting with you.

    ReplyDelete