Sunday, July 5, 2015

Bunny Ears...and A Bunny!

Good morning, peeps!  Super quiet here for the Fourth of July.  Got up early, lots of plans...Did that happen?  Nope.  LOL  LOL  LOL

DH and stepson went to a parade, I stayed home to do Dad stuff.  But, in between, all I did is NAP!! No cleaning, no stitching, nada.  Take care of Dad, take a nap.  Feed Dad lunch, take a nap.  More Dad chores, take a nap.  LOL  But of course, we all know what that means.  Time for bed?  Oh no...I was up until 11 pm.  But, I did get some stitching done.  Yay!  I am hoping to finish the stitching on the house today and I will get a picture.

But, I do have a few pictures to share.  First, here's my Bunny Ear Cactus.  Ears are looking good!




The drought has hit California hard.  I feel so bad for the birds and animals.  They are desperate. They need food and water.  Some of the neighborhoods that are close to the hills in our county have mountain lions coming into the yards, following the deer that are coming in for water!!  My visitor is less lethal.  

This sweet bunny moved in across the street a few months ago.  Since I don't have cats and my dog is the world's worst watch dog, he/she comes over every morning to snack on my lawn.  My lawn is not in good shape, but I am one of the few people on my road that is even trying to keep a bit of green. The pictures are really bad, I had to take them through the window. The bunny is happy to stop by, but is still camera shy.


                    


So I'm off like a herd of turtles.  Since I slept through yesterday, I got stuff to do today!!  LOL  Have a wonderful Sunday, be kind to one another.

5 comments:

  1. Well you obviously needed some rest. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got in a walk yesterday, too! I've been slacking off due to the heat, so need to get back on track. I think I was tired from being lazy, if that makes sense. LOL Feeling much better today, not even one nap. LOL

      Delete
  2. I envy those naps!!! I want to hibernate one day!
    I love your sweet bunny--he's probably near you because you have a "bunny ear cactus"!!!! (sorry-someone had to say it!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's very cute. I know that they are pests, but I just feel so sorry for him...and he doesn't eat MUCH! I would probably feel different if I had a vegetable garden. LOL

      Delete
  3. Is it okay to describe a cactus as adorable? I've never heard of a bunny ears cactus. Isn't it coincidental you have a real bunny at the same time. We've heard about the drought; if only we could send you some water. Yes, poor critters....

    ReplyDelete