Sunday, March 27, 2016

Blooms, Blooms, and a Finish

Good afternoon and Happy Easter from the rancho.  Very quiet here.  Hubby wasn't interested in a sunrise service and without little kids, not much in the way of Easter candy and egg hunts.  Not that I really NEED candy.  LOL

I did quite a bit of yardwork yesterday.  My roses are so happy and I've got gladiolus starting to peek out. I'm pretty impressed with this pot.  These are bulbs from the dollar store.  Every single one has came up!The picture on the bag showed red flowers.  We'll see...


This rose bush came with the house.  It is at least 30 years old.  

                          

Another 30 year old bush.  Love the yellow.


A very pretty pink rose, just starting to open...this bush is next to the house and is covered with blooms.


What?  A finish?  LOL  I know, I know, such a surprise!   This is the blanket I started while at the hospital with Baby Sister.  I'm glad to get it finished...now, on to my cross stitching!


I hope that everyone spent Easter doing exactly what they wanted to do.  Have a wonderful week and be kind to one another.

9 comments:

  1. Oh such beautiful blooms Angela. I really, really like that blanket. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Glad to have it done. Now to finish hubby's scarf...then the world! LOL

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! So nice to see flowers this time of year. I have to wait a lot longer. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the blanket. :) Oh the roses are so pretty. The yellow is really kind of rare...and the pink ones are always my favorite...I love anything pink. :) Looking forward to your stitching up date. Blessings always sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat for my eyes to look at your blooms! All gorgeous and good luck with the blooms-to-be. Love your blanket too. Crocheting is addictive but a good addictive. You know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, I know what you mean...Last night I was knitting on hubby's scarf and all I could think about was starting a granny square! LOL

      Delete
  5. We visited our youngest son and his wife over Easter, and our older son and his wife were there, too. So we had a very nice family meeting. When we were back home we spent the rest of the Easter holidays (we have two over here) just like you, quiet and relaxed. Well, I don't need candy either but when the marzipan and chocolate eggs are lying around - what can I do? LOL.

    Wonderful, your finished blanket. And the roses in full bloom. Ours are just having the first tiny leaves. You are so ahead of us, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte, I know...it doesn't matter how hard I try, those darn chocolate eggs just seem to hunt me down. LOL I am excited about the roses. It has been a long drought. They certainly do love the rain.

      Delete
  6. What beautiful roses! And a crochet finish!! Absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete