Sunday, March 6, 2016

Bye Bye to Sunday....

Good evening, peeps and peepettes!  Why does the week drag, but Sunday lasts only a few hours? LOL

Got up early this morning, had my extra, extra large creamer with coffee, and then sat and enjoyed the morning.  We got almost two inches of rain between Friday night and Sunday morning. Today was clear and crisp, just a hint of clouds.  There is a big storm hitting tonight, rumor of up to four inches.  I would be good with two inches, but I have absolutely no complaints.  LOL

Last night, I sat in my family room, the window open, listening to the rain.  You could hear the frogs, the birds settling down for the evening.  It seemed that all of nature was happy...There was something about quietly knitting with the wooden needles, the night getting ready to asleep, it was just perfect. So very, very nice...

I am almost done with my son's scarf.  I hit five feet today, with about enough yarn for about one more foot. It is so soft and warm.  I can see me using this yarn over and over again...It's not the most expensive yarn I've used, but I think it has become my favorite.  I did a little reading about the malabrigo company. Very interesting.

Dad is about the same, still no better and no worse.  He is eating as usual, no talking, no response to questions.  I feel sad, but no worse than usual.  I am trying to stay focused on my family, eating as well as possible, but still need to get back to exercising.  I have been really good about doing some sort of craft every night for at least an hour.  It keeps my mind and hands busy, but I need to get back to walking.  I have no excuse, just too much knitting.  LOL

I am off to finish my weekend chores.  I wish a wonderful week to all.  Be kind to one another.



10 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your son's scarf.
    I use the treadmill daily. I only allow myself to read if I am walking the treadmill. My motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. LOL Except I am a little concerned about walking and reading at the same time...some days I can hardly just walk. LOL I'm going to start at 15 minutes a time.

      Delete
  2. I am with Vickie, I can't wait to see your son's scarf. :) I understand that peaceful feeling of the sounds of evening fading into night with a little knitting in your hands. That is my favorite time to knit. The house is quiet, everyone is in bed, and there is a peacefulness that seems to settle down and hug the entire Earth. Keep up with the knitting, it will wash away any and all stress you might have. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for "getting" it. LOL It was so special.

      I am almost done with his scarf. I send him pictures every couple of days to keep him interested. LOL

      Delete
  3. Ah, rainy days. They are best when you are at home, crafting, reading, or relaxing.

    It's supposed to rain this week, but knowing my luck it will be while I'm at work and can't hear it. Lol

    Glad your scarf is coming along. I can't wait to see the finished project.

    I agree with the other ladies. Crafting at the end of the day makes life better....who knows why....it's therapeutic.

    Hugs from AL ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Rachel. I am starting to look forward to retirement...I could craft ALL day! LOL I would feel really, really good then.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely peaceful picture you paint with your words here, Angela. I can see it and hear it. Alas we still have winter but warming temperatures all this week so soon I hope to hear rain and the spring frogs that follow soon after too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening, Jocelyn. I have definitely enjoyed these storms. Only 2 1/2 inches of rain, but they are promising more next Friday. I am so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the early Sunday mornings, too, when everything is quite outside and inside the house (not difficult here as DH loves to sleep long, lol). Then I go onto the terrace in my jammies with my first cup of tea (unfortunately I can't drink coffee :( any more) and enjoy the new morning.
    I should start walking again, too. I know that it's good for me.
    Looking forward to seeing the scarf for your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Brigitte. I wish I had a terrace. I do go out to the trash in my jammies. The neighborhood will never be the same. LOL

      Delete